Introductory Program - Otherwise known as Ballroom 101, this program is designed to introduce students to the many exciting things that ballroom dancing has to offer. In our introductory program students learn the basics of several of the popular social dances and the fundamentals of lead and follow. Give us a call for more information on our introductory specials.
Pre-Bronze Program - The Pre-Bronze program includes the fundamentals needed to get out on the dance floor and have fun! Basic patterns are taught in this program as well as tips on rhythm, music recognition, and lead and follow.
Associate Bronze Program - The Associate Bronze program allows students to begin to travel their ballroom dances around the floor. They are introduced to basic techniques, footwork, and styling, giving them a more polished look. Their partnerships develop as we continue to work on lead and follow and connection, making students feel more comfortable and eager to get out on the floor and dance!
Full Bronze Program - Bronze is the full Social Standard. Each dance syllabus includes enough variety to keep each dance interesting and spontaneous. At this level students begin to feel the dancing is second nature. Their timing and technique mature, and leading/following becomes so strong that switching partners is not longer intimidating, but a pleasure.
Silver Program - This is a program that is perfect for long-term hobby dancers. The Silver patterns are flashy and fantastic. Students appear to glide across the floor, as though on ice. Their Cuban motion is sexy and sultry. Their technique is so polished that they look as though they’ve been dancing forever. A Silver dancer always stands out on the ballroom floor.
Gold Program - Dancing with the Stars! This program features intricate patterns that are only to be used when both partners have precision technique. Choreography, styling, technique and showmanship are necessities in this standard. If ballroom were in the Olympics, competitors would be gold program dancers!
The First Dance is Forever . . .
A first dance is not only special and symbolic, but in these days, it truly is forever. With modern recording technology, it is likely that a couple’s first dance will be captured for years of viewing—even by future generations. Also, many newlyweds choose to post their first dance on the internet for all to enjoy; consequently, most couples are opting to make their first dance something a bit more spectacular than the “prom shuffle” of yesteryear. Whether you are looking for “Dancing with the Stars” choreography or just a handful of patterns that you feel comfortable with, we are the place for you.
- Don’t put off dance lessons until the last minute. As the wedding date draws near schedules become more hectic. Beginning your lessons four to six months ahead is ideal, as it will provide you with ample time to learn the appropriate steps, how to connect with each other on the dance floor, and practice through repetition—this is key to dancing that looks and feels comfortable.
- Dancing is an excellent stress reliever. Consider your lessons to be a time to connect and focus on each other, after all, that’s what the wedding is all about.
- If you have a special song picked out, bring it with you. If you haven’t chosen a song, don’t worry. We will introduce you to the dances that most couples use, and once you make your selection, we’ll help you find a song.
- Wear shoes that are similar to the ones you will be wearing on your wedding day.
- Make sure that your lessons are consistent. If you keep lessons close together you’ll spend more time learning and less time reviewing.
- Remember the Daddy/Daughter dance, Bridal Party dance, fun open dancing, and even honeymoon dancing. Let us know if we can help you prepare for any of these as well as your First Dance.
- Dance lessons make a great gift for your bridal party attendants, as well as each other.
- Keep in mind that learning to dance for your wedding is not only a special and romantic time that you will cherish for a lifetime, but is also a skill that you will enjoy for a lifetime.